Sunday, 24 August 2014

No7 Make Up Brush Cleanser: spot cleaning




You may have seen from my previous haul that I picked up the No7 brush cleanser using my voucher and their buy one get one half price offer.  At the moment I deep cleanse my brushes using a BareMinerals brush conditioning shampoo that I picked up ages ago from Feelunique.  On a side note I love it, it cleanses the brushes well, lasts ages and leaves them feeling soft.

However deep cleansing brushes can be a faff and so when I saw this product I thought I would give it a go mainly to help spot clean my eye brushes so that they can be used next time for a different eye look.  I have used this for a little while now and, after the initial problems with the pump (it wouldn't work and then worked too well - sprays of liquid across the room), I really like it and find it very useful and hassle free for a quick fix. 

I tend to squirt it onto a small cotton pad and for a standard blush brush this size works well.  For eye brushes two can be used on one cotton pad. 


 
The product is very watery and has a much lighter nail polish remover smell to it.  It is not sticky and therefore leaves brushes clean and smooth although they do tend to have a different texture to the touch after, although this might be something that happens with all spot cleaners and I'm sure that a deep cleanse will sort this right out!

The only other thing I have found is that the bristles on the brushes seem to stand out/apart more than they did before or compared to when I use the BareMinerals product.  So I'm hoping that this doesn't affect the performance of them. 

Have you tried this or any other brush cleaners?

Jen xx

https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10466441

No comments:

Post a Comment