Thursday, 31 July 2014

Current Favourites

I don't normally do favourites as I don't constantly buy or receive new products but I thought I would share some products I have been really enjoying recently.  Some are recent purchases and others I have had for a while and rediscovered. 



STILA Colour Me Pretty Convertible Colour Lip and Cheek Palette
This is a rediscovery and as it's been super hot I've been enjoying using cream products as my blush.  My most used is the middle shade, Gerbera, although I have also been using Peony.  These colours are highly pigmented and a little goes a long way.  I've also been enjoying the kitten highlighting shade.  It provides a lovely sheen to the top of the cheeks.  More info on my previous post here.
The product is normally just over £19, but if you click on the link above, it is currently on sale for just over £9! Bargain! 



RITUALS Fortune Scrub
This shower scrub is just lovely.  I got it free with a magazine quite a while ago and I hadn't gotten around to using it as I was finishing off another scrub.  I have to say I love this; the scent, the texture and how it helps to smooth out and exfoliate the skin, it's very effective.  I'm not too sure I would pay £10 for it (but that's just me) however I would definitely pick it up if it was on sale or a few pounds off. 

SMASHBOX Full Exposure palette
This is a newer purchase and I decided to buy it as I wanted a neutrals matte palette and liked the idea of being able to have mattes and shimmers in one palette so that I can create day and night looks.  I have really been getting into using matte shades during the day.  I heard a lot of mixed reviews about this palette but I swatched it in the shop and found the shadows to be decent and blendable.  I also decided on this palette because I don't have many glitter shadows and this palette definitely has more glitters than shimmers. 
My favourites is the middle matte shade and the two to the right of it, I've been using these for everyday looks. 




BODY SHOP instablur
Another newer purchase and already a firm favourite.  I use this as a base for my makeup and adore the way it feels on the skin.  It provides a great base and smooths out any skin, leaving it silky to touch.  It's brilliant. 

BODY SHOP Lip Line Fixer
Again a great new product.  It works well to stop feathering and bleeding of my brighter lipsticks and products,  I've recently been using it with MACs Rebel and it has helped a lot.  I also like the fact that I can use this with a range of lip products rather than having to find and buy a matching pencil. 

KIKO Eye Lash and Brow Brush  
After searching for what seemed like forever I finally managed to pick up this brush a while ago to use for my brows and I love using it.  It is sturdy and does the job very well.  Not much to say but I'm singing it's praises over here!

JOHN FRIEDA Frizz Ease Smooth Start Conditioner and Straight Fixation Styling Crème
I've always been a big fan of the Frizz Ease range and these products are no exception.  My hair can be very frizzy and unruly but when using these products I can blow dry my hair bit by bit to make it straighter and somewhat wearable without having to straighten it.  YAY!

What have you been loving recently?

Jen xx

https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10466441

No comments:

Post a Comment